Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scare Tactics

Here is an updated picture of the little Soph-a-potamus.


Of course she just looks adorable but there is trouble brewing underneath. While waiting at the doctor’s office I was scanning through a parent’s magazine and came across an article regarding childhood obesity. Of course being a concern new mother and someone who has always been on the bigger side I wanted to learn more. Basically this publication thinks I am a horrible mother and making my child fat because I do not breast feed any more. According to prefect people at Parents Magazine you should breastfeed for no less than a year. I guess that bottle feed babies consume 20% more calories than breastfeed babies. This makes sense because it is easier to drink from a bottle and parents encourage their baby to finish the bottle. Okay okay I get it, I am a terrible mother.

Now I admit that I quit a little sooner than I would have liked, but there was no way I could have continued breastfeeding when I went back to work. Like most working moms we don’t have time during the day to pump (it takes way too long). So basically you have to choose between working or having a health child.

Now although I am just upset because I really feel bad about this whole thing, the article did have some good points about obese children. It was all common sense stuff, but it was good to hear about. Basically, make sure your child drinks plenty of water, exercises, and gets a good night sleep. This parenting stuff is hard!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Pretty sure the only time you were on the bigger side is when you were 9 months pregnant. Good try though.

August 18, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home