Thursday, October 8, 2009

Identity Crisis

Many of you know that while I was pregnant I was absolutely positive that I was having a boy. During this time Andy and I picked out a name and were planning the little one's future football career. My poor baby girl was called Owen for a substantial part of early development.

Jump ahead to today and I obviously have not recovered from the initial shock of having a girl.

Jen, my good friend at work, gave me some baby clothes that her son Noah had grown out of. Of course we tried to pick out the most gender neutral options. However, I just love this footie onesie an I can't find anything else that fits her this well. So, she will continue to sleep in this every night until she grows out of it. I am such a mean mom.


It doesn't help the fact that everything she owns is either green or brown. I have come to the point that when someone comments on what a cute son I have, I just smile and agree with them.
Someday she is going to grow enough hair that I can finally put a bow on her head, but until that day she will just be my darling little Owena.

And if you made it all the way to the end of this silly post, here is a few shout outs. To Jamie and Emily for always keeping me entertained. Jana you get one too, although you never blog anymore. Finally, Meg if you are reading this, please start your own. I know you have many fun stories that you need to share with the world. It was great to see you all last night. XOXOXOXO

Bonus picture of my little gansta in her workout suit. She was nice and toasty warm this morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Yea shout outs! I LOVE Gangsta Sophie! Have you considered headbands? There are LOTS at the store right now.

October 8, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Mama Mouse said...

I LOVE footie pajamas too! I've been saving all of Ledger's footie pajamas and I've determined that no matter the sex of the next (?) baby, they are wearing these jammies. Yes, I would absolutely put my little girl in the sport themed jammies! Who cares? Besides, Owena is adorable no matter what she wears!

October 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home